Terms & conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions for using this site.
The purpose of these terms and condition is to provide you with information and services about “I Am Team GB” (the “Event”), a mass participation event to take place on 27 August 2016. This website is owned and operated by the British Olympic Association (the “BOA”).
References to “we”, “us” and “our” should be construed as references to the BOA.
3.COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You may read, view, print and (where permitted) listen to and download the contents of an individual page for private and personal non-commercial use only provided that all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials on any copy of these Materials is retained, but you may not make more than one copy electronically or otherwise of any of the contents and you may not recopy or further distribute, sell, publish or transmit any part of the Material by electronic or any other means.
You agree not to sell, resell, supply or otherwise make the content contained on the Site or extracts or other information derived therefrom available in any manner or on any media to any third party without the prior written consent of the BOA.
4. LINKING POLICY
Linking to us:
We encourage users to establish hypertext links to the Site.
Links from us:
We restrict links made from the Site to other sites to certain associated and supporting organisations.
Links to us and from us are provided at our absolute discretion and may be altered, or removed from your website, by us at any time. You may not use any link to the Site as a method of creating an unauthorised association between an organisation, business, goods or services and the Event or an Event Partner, and agree that no such link shall portray us or any such party in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise objectionable manner. The use of any logos of the Event (or related thereto) as a link to the Site is strictly subject to our prior written approval.
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any site to which it is linked and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking to or from this Site should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the Material included on this Site, it is provided for information purposes only, without any representation or endorsements made and without warranty of any kind as to its accuracy or completeness or otherwise (whether express or implied) and it does not constitute professional or legal advice.
The information included on the Site has been included in good faith and is intended only for your general information and recreational use. You are responsible for checking the accuracy or completeness or otherwise of relevant facts and opinions given on the Site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
We do not warrant that the operation of this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use of, data, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Site.
Your access to this Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use of the site (including, without limitation, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy). Your use of the site and/or the Materials is entirely at your own risk.
6. LIMITATIONS ON USE
You may not use the Site:
– for disseminating any unlawful or otherwise objectionable Material, or in any way which is abusive, vulgar, racist, sexist, defamatory, sexually orientated or obscene or which will harass, distress, embarrass or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
– for gaining unauthorised access to our computer systems or otherwise breaching applicable laws;
– for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any Material, the publication, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
– in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site;
– to make available personal data about any person other than yourself;
– to obtain or attempt to obtain any Materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site;
– to impersonate any other person or entity or to provide inaccurate information;
– for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional Materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
– for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
– to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes content contained within the Site;
– to transmit or re-circulate any such content to any third party;
– in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any content made in accordance with these terms; or
– in any way that might bring the BOA or the Event into disrepute.
We may at our option, but without the obligation to do so, monitor communications transmitted via this Site and remove any unlawful or offensive Material.
7. USE OF MESSAGES AND MATERIALS
By submitting messages, suggestions or Material (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) to the Site you are granting the BOA (or any Event partner) a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the message/suggestion in whole or in part and in any form anywhere in the world.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or Material to the Site you agree that the BOA (or any Event partner) may use those Materials or suggestions for any purpose and in any way it chooses. Any Materials you provide shall be regarded as non-confidential.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or Material to the Site you waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 and in any other laws now or in future in force in any part of the world and grant us any consent required therein to utilise any such Material.
If you do not wish to grant the BOA the rights set out above, do not submit contributions to the Site.
The BOA shall have the unrestricted right to post on to the Site some or all of any messages or suggestions that you submit to the Site or it may elect not to do so. If the BOA elects to post some or all of your messages or suggestions it may thereafter remove from the Site some or all of any messages or suggestions that you submitted to the Site at its discretion and without the need to give any reasons.
8. MESSAGE BOARDS
Some of the pages of the Site may contain message boards, bulletin boards, chat pages or other forums in which users are able to post Material for viewing by others. The BOA does not edit or monitor the content of these pages and, subject to what is said below, does not have any knowledge of any of the activities or information carried on in, or contained within, those pages. If anyone becomes aware that any Material on those pages or any activities carried out on those pages, are offensive, unlawful or infringe any third party rights in any way, please send an appropriately worded message to the BOA by email using this address: BOA@teamgb.com. The BOA shall then act expeditiously to remove any such Material or to disable access to the information.
9. ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
Part of this Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that Material submitted for inclusion on this Site complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship Material.
10. COMPETITIONS AND PRIZES
From time to time the BOA or an Event partner may run or host competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Site. In each case these will be subject to additional competition terms and conditions which will be made available on the Site.
11. LAWS OF ENGLAND AND WALES